Need a drink to warm you up? Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny, but get ready for the possibility of a snowy Sunday.
To weather the storm, I asked you for holiday drink recommendations, and while I think I’m in the minority as an anti-eggnog person, you delivered on the recommendations.
- One reader said their family favorite was a Tom & Jerry — basically hot eggnog with cognac and rum — with fresh nutmeg.
- Another reader, Jennifer, seconds a hot eggnog with alcohol, but she prefers Jameson or Redbreast.
- Brhonn piqued my interest with two recommendations: coffee with anisette (anise liquor 😍), and a Manhattan made with bourbon.
- City Cast Boise host Emma Arnold is on board the eggnog latte train, especially from Flying M.
- So is lead producer Frankie Barnhill, but she also likes a hot toddy from Neurolux.
- I have to chime in with a basic apple cider — I like to let it simmer and reduce for a while with whole cloves, a cinnamon stick or two, and some orange peel. Depending on what time it is, I might put it on ice with a little bourbon.
It may be cold, but City Cast Boise's Frankie Barnhill is a fan of Barbarian's darker sours for this time of year. (Frankie Barnhill / City Cast Boise)
Thank you for participating, and I hope that tonight, you all get to have a warm drink of whatever makes you happy! Even if it’s eggnog. ❤️