The World Beer Cup hosted 2,375 breweries from 51 countries this week, making it the world’s largest beer competition. And three Boise breweries landed on the podium.
In this “Olympics” of beer, there were over 100 categories. In these three categories, Treasure Valley brewers all got second place.
- Sockeye Brewing’s Neckar Coffee Oatmeal Brown.
- Mother Earth Brew Co.’s Boo Koo IPA.
- Boise Brewing’s Jagged Shard Imperial Red Ale.
Congrats to these breweries!
In a little more food and drink news, here are a couple of new openings:
- Jitters by Jayne is a new downtown coffee shop on 9th and Idaho, across from Paddles Up Poké and Mixed Greens. They’ve got coffee, tea, and other drinks along with a limited food menu (for now).
- Nara Ramen & Izakaya just opened its third Treasure Valley location in a year and a half, with the newest at the Franklin Towne Plaza offering more sushi than its other locations.
I’ll include lists of new places to try frequently in this section, so if you know of an establishment that’s opening, send it my way!